Moving Expenses & Relocation Coverage for Continuing Academic Staff

Academic staff members hired on continuing appointments whose employment is governed by one of the four Board-AASUA Agreements (Faculty, Administrative and Professional Officers, Librarians, and Faculty Service Officers) may be provided with travel and household relocation assistance through central funds. Contingent Academic staff may be provided with some relocation assistance through the hiring unit.  Movement of office/lab equipment is not covered by central funds. 

Please note: Moves which are being deferred beyond one year from appointment start date will need prior approval from Relocation Services.

Moving Expenses and Relocation Benefits for Academic Staff Procedures  (movement of office/lab/lab equipment, etc. are not covered by this procedure)

Resources for Hiring Units

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ's for Hiring Units

Forms and Templates for Hiring Units

Request for Relocation Services 

Resources for Academic Staff

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs for New Academic Staff 

Instructions on Submitting an Expense Report

Forms and Templates for New Academic Staff

Non-Accountable Moving Allowance for Incidental Relocation or Moving Expenses

Quick Links

Taxable and Non-Taxable Moving Expenses (Canada Revenue Agency)

Bringing Pets into Canada (Canadian Food Inspection Agency)

Edmonton Stories: University of Alberta

Your Edmonton


Contact Us

General Contact Info:

Amy Andrews - Recruitment and Staffing Lead
: 780-492-4605