Payroll and Benefit Services
Payroll and Benefit Services specializes in the timely and accurate payment and reporting of salaries, wages, scholarships and other payments to employees, students, post-docs and colleagues as well as the administration and reporting of several benefit and pension plans.
- Process monthly and semi-monthly payroll and monitor all steps in the production of on-cycle and off-cycle direct deposit and paycheques
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory reporting of taxes, pensions, and record of employment
- Educate the University community on payroll and benefit related issues and provide expertise on payroll, pension, benefit and tax related issues
- Manage the UAPP, PSPP, ASRP and ESRP pension plans and all related pension enrollment, deduction and reporting requirements
- Manage automated benefit enrollment/termination/ change processes and process life events
- Manage reconciliation of payroll, benefit, pension and suspense accounts