Together we create a work and learning environment that inspires and enables people to reach their full potential.
We provide strategic HR leadership, programs, services and resources to enhance the University's reputation as an institution of first choice.
Priority Areas and Goals
Advancing the Academic Plan
- Strengthen the University's ability to recruit and retain talented staff
- Enhance the quality of the University's work and learning environment
- Facilitate organizational transformation
Delivering Exemplary Service
- Transform HRS service culture, service delivery and business processes
- Cultivate effective human resource management and decision making across the institution
Leading by Example
- Model a creative, engaging and psychologically healthy work environment in HRS
- Transform HRS into a model of efficiency, effectiveness and collaboration
HRS Strategic Plan 2012-2017 (PDF)
We have clear, reasonable expectations for performance and are accountable for meeting those expectations.
We participate fully in the life of the University. We seek to understand how and why decisions are made. We seek input from all levels of the organization and take advantage of opportunities for input into decisions that affect us.
We seek and take advantage of opportunities to develop our skills and abilities and for career growth and change.
We engage in a creative search for new and better ways of achieving excellence.
We are honest, sincere and worthy of trust.
We work collaboratively to achieve the University’s goals in an environment that reflects diversity, values different perspectives, and encourages the free exchange of ideas.
We treat each other fairly and respectfully. We work in a healthy environment and support each other in maintaining work-life balance and developing the resilience to deal with change.