The Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) offers a wide range of confidential, professional counseling and family mediation services. Clinicians with the university's EFAP provider Homewood Health, are registered psychologists or Masters level registered counsellors. Services provided through the university's are available at no cost to the individual.
The university's EFAP is designed to:
- provide timely confidential professional counseling services
- prevent problems from becoming overwhelming
- provide immediate counseling in times of crisis
- support you through life stage transitions (e.g. marriage, becoming a new parent, career change, blended family challenges, bereavement, retirement)
- provide support and assistance for achieving your health goals
- provide assistance in dealing with depression, anxiety, fear or existing personal health issues
How do I access the counselling services?
Faculty, staff and their eligible dependents can access services in several ways and can choose a method that best meets their needs and comfort level. Your EFAP offers face to face counseling, telephonic counseling, e-counseling and web based services. For more information, please contact the EFAP.
A psychologist or team of psychologists will respond to your home or work site to assess the situation and ensure the most appropriate response. Please ensure you specify it is an emergency situation when you call.