1. Ensuring Individuals are Enrolled in Direct Deposit

    Without direct deposit information payments such as salary, honorariums, or graduate scholarships are issued in the form of a cheque held for pickup at Human Resource Services. Ensure new employees and students who are receiving their first payments are paid via direct deposit by submitting an Electronic Banking/Direct Deposit Form along with a Pay Action Form before the monthly or bi-monthly cutoff.
    Read more »

  2. February Payroll Deadline Update

    While we had anticipated Shortened Processing Times for Semi Monthly Pay for February 1-15, it has been necessary to move the pay action forms deadline for the February 1-15 pay period from Friday, February 10 to Thursday February 9th. The pay period schedules on the Pay Administration web page have been updated to reflect this change. Please send all applicable pay action forms by Thursday, February 9th to ensure time entry is completed.
    Read more »

  3. Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP) 2017

    The Government of Alberta has confirmed that the STEP program will be available in 2017. STEP is administratively managed by Human Resource Services (HRS) on behalf of the University of Alberta. For further program information, application deadlines and the internal application form, visit the STEP webpage.
    Read more »

  4. Travel Ban Information

    The University of Alberta is committed to supporting all faculty and staff affected by the recent United States travel ban. Visit https://www.ualberta.ca/travel-ban-information if you require support or assistance or want up-to-date information. For faculty and staff needing assistance with Immigration, please contact Immigration Services at immigration.services@ualberta.ca or call 780-492-6072 or 780-492-2796.
    Read more »

  5. Faculty and Staff Orientation

    We invite new employees to attend the upcoming Faculty and Staff Orientation on March 20th, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All faculty and staff who have not attended orientation in the past are welcome to participate. Participants will receive an overview of the university’s mission and learn about essential services, key contacts and programs. Please encourage new employees in your area to learn more about the session and to register via the Learning Shop.

  6. Shortened Processing Times for Semi-Monthly Pay Feb. 1-15

    Please note the processing timeline for semi-monthly pay for February 1 to 15, 2017 is shorter than usual to accommodate the Family Day statutory holiday and the monthly pay processing schedule. Below is the timeline.
    Read more »

  7. 2017 Summer Student Employment Programs

    The Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP), Canada Summer Jobs program (CSJ), International Work Experience Program (ISWEP) and the Metis Youth Summer Placement Program will be available to assist in providing summer employment opportunities in 2017.
    Read more »

  8. »more


Quick Links

Salary Scales

Collective Agreements

FEC Manual

Benefits Enrollment System

HCM Reports To Application

Employment Equity

HRS News Blog



Subscribe to the HR Contacts list to receive the Hiring and Managing Newsletter and other important updates.


Contact Us

Human Resource Services

Contact Us

Job and Organizational Design

JOD Consultants and Recruitment Advisors 

Employment Services

Employment and Pay Advisors


Payroll & Benefit Services

Pension and Benefits Advisors

Senior HR Partners

Maryam Bagheritari

Kiersten Crane
Phone: 780-492-4690