The University of Alberta requires all individuals receiving payment in the form of salary, wages, stipeds, allowance, graduate scholarships, fellowships and honorariums to be enrolled in direct deposit as outlined in the Payment by Electronic Banking/Direct Deposit Procedure.
If you are not receiving payment via direct deposit, sign up online using Employee Self Service or complete the Electronic Banking/Direct Deposit form. To update existing direct deposit information, use Employee Self Service.
Sign Up for Direct Deposit
Online using Employee Self Service
- Sign-on to Bear Tracks using your Campus Computing ID (CCID) and password.
- Under the Employees* tab select Links to Employee Self Service, then Payroll Information.
- Click the Direct Deposit icon and use the Add Account button to add deposit information. Deposits can be made to more than one bank account and you can allocate portions of your paycheque to other accounts using either amount or percent.
*For Students and Alumni: direct deposit information is found in two distinct places in Bear Trask - the Employees section and the Financials section. You must be enrolled in direct deposit in the Employees section to receive your wages, salaries or graduate scholarship payments via direct deposit. The direct deposit information in the Financials section is only used for student refunds and undergraduate award/scholarship payments.
If you do not see the Employees tab in Bear Tracks but will be receiving payment as outlined in the policy above, use the Electronic Banking/Direct Deposit form.
Using the Electronic Banking/Direct Deposit Form
- Access the Electronic Banking/Direct Deposit form available in Pay Administration section of the HRS Form Cabinet.
- Complete the form, including you Employee ID number.
- Include with the form one of the following pieces of banking information:
- A bank issued direct deposit notification form
- A void personal cheque
- Name, address, and a stamp from financial institution where account is held
- Scan the signed form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to the address indicated on the form.
Update Direct Deposit Information
- Sign-on to Bear Tracks using you Campus Computing ID (CCID) and password.
- Under the Employees tab select Links to Employee Self Service, then Payroll Information.
- Click the Direct Deposit icon and select Edit Account to edit you existing deposit information. Deposits can be made to more than one bank account and you can allocate portions of your paycheque to other accounts using either amount or percent.
If you encounter problems accessing your Bear Tracks account or using your Campus Computing ID (CCID), please contact the IST Helpdesk at 780-492-9400 or visit http://www.ist.ualberta.ca/ for assistance.