Support Staff Recognition Award
In July of 2003, the University of Alberta launched an annual celebration to recognize outstanding members of its support staff and the extraordinary contribution they make to the University.
On behalf of the President and Vice-Presidents, we invite you to participate by nominating an individual who has demonstrated an energetic commitment towards the continued success of the U of A. The award is designed to not only recognize the excellence with which one carries out their day to day duties/activities but also numerous other ways one represents the university in a positive manner.
Nominees must be:
- An active U of A staff member employed for 12 consecutive months on either a full time or part time basis
- Nominated by two University employees. The award is intended as peer recognition, as such managers can not be the primary nominator for his/her own staff member however are encouraged to support the nomination.
- Meet the Fundamental Criteria for the award
You can nominate employees from within or outside your own unit/department.
Awards are be presented annually and are chosen from the following categories:
- Business/Administration/Finance/Clerical (maximum 2)
- Technical/Information Systems (maximum 1)
- Transport/Maintenance/Utilities/Trades (maximum 1)
- Health (Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy i.e. dental assistant, lab technologist) (maximum 1)
The award is intended to recognize staff members who meet or exceed the criteria provided. While there may be nominations received in each of the categories, the review committee will only select those who have demonstrated that the individual nominated, meets or exceeds the criteria will be awarded annually.
Individuals can only be honoured with the Annual Support Staff Recognition Award once during their employment as support staff member at the University.
Once the nomination window closes, the review process will begin. Short-listed candidates may be contacted for an interview prior to the final selection of the committee.
Candidates will be recommended to the Vice-President (Finance & Administration) by the selection committee and formally recognized for their contributions in the fall at the Celebration of Service.
Information can be obtained from Sarah Flower, Program Consultant, Organizational Health and Effectiveness (780-492-2249)
Please attach a summary of accomplishments such as a vitae or a letter of appreciation if applicable.