Human Resource Services provides U of A staff members advice on inviting foreign visitors and hiring foreign nationals. Before you invite a foreign national to campus, please seek advice from a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in Human Resource Services.

Inviting a Foreign Visitor

Hiring a Foreign National

  1. Inviting Foreign Visitors: Process Changes

    Immigration Services, Human Resource Services has implemented changes in how the International Mobility Program (IMP) will be handled to create efficiencies and reduce the administrative burden for the campus community.
    Read more »

  2. Interim Process for the International Mobility Program

    Immigration Services has developed an interim process to invite foreign visitors to the University of Alberta. Please visit the Foreign Visitors webpage to learn more about the new interim process and to access the revised Foreign Visitor Category Assessment Form.

  3. Changes to the International Mobility Program: February 21, 2015

    Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has recently announced changes to the International Mobility Program (IMP) that take effect February 21, 2015. The vast majority of foreign nationals who visit, carry out research or work temporarily with the U of A will enter Canada under this program.
    Read more »

  4. »more

Quick Links

Immigration Forms

Foreign Visitor Category Assessment Form

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) Form

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Spousal Program

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Website 

Service Canada Website 

Academic Visitors Office

University of Alberta International

Immigration Glossary


Contact Us

Immigration Services
Human Resource Services

Cyndi Killingsworth

Dallas Pelkey



The information provided on this website is for reference only and is subject to change. Before you invite a foreign national to campus, it is recommended that you seek advice from Immigration Services, Human Resource Services